Monday, May 21, 2007

Surgical quipps


Assisted for 2 x 3-4 hr sessions of surgery today.
Reminded of a few things

  • Its surprising how quickly one gets use to breathing with a surgical mask on. First time I had it on, I remember feeling like I was suffocating... and get that dejavu feeling if I don it on again after months of absence
  • I spend a lot of time wriggling my nose under the mask - Asian noses, no bridges.. difficult fit.
  • Rather than turn away to cough, one should cough into the mask so the "germs" fly out the side "vents" and not into the patient.
  • Even with eye protection, its still hard to keep from flinching when blood is splurting towards ur eye.
  • You can feel EVERY itch on ur face when you're scrubbed in and cant scratch.
  • EVERY ITCH
  • R u scratching now?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so many bloody punchlines to use... nah, you got me at BLOOD SQUIRTING at your eyes! eww... u should b wearing freaking commando masks or something... doesnt DISEASE spread through blood contact? like the 28 days after movie, hehe... feel the rage!!!!

11:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com