Saturday, April 14, 2007

Exaggerated News


I really dont like watching the news on TV other than ABC and SBS.

More often than not, the news are so exaggerated and sensationalised it feels like my intelligence is being insulted. (not that I have much of that to begin with)

Was watching the news tonight... "Police are looking for the offender who brutally raped a teenager at her own home in Esternwick".... last I heard she was 21 or 22 - not a teenager I thought The other day, it was some internet youtube site where two otters were filmed swimming with their arms linked - "Close to 2 million hits on the site!!" (the visuals shown clearly show 1.5 million hits - thats 500,000 hits to go before 2 million)

The one thing I absolutely never watch is programs like Today Tonight and ACA. "New ways to lose weight" (Exercise), "Man refused surgery because he's too fat", "How to save money at the supermarket" (Buy Homebrand).

But what gets me fired up most is journalist who ask super leading questions like "Now that this guy has run over and killed your entire family, burnt your house to the ground and posted your naked photos all over the internet - are you a little angry at him?". - uh duh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com