Significance
Was talking with a friend...
who was feeling frustrated about a work situation...
and my conclusion -
she should stop letting ppl and situations that are so "insignificant" affect her life and her mood
I guess the older I get and the more years I work,
and the busier I get
the more I find myself classifying such cares/worries
as "Significant" vs "insignificant"
I spend as little time and effort on the I.S stuff
and for S stuff, I'd jump on a plane and fly for a few hours for without thought
but then there are these grey zones...
eg/ telling a patient to stop smoking - really trying to convince them...
On one hand I care cos I know its bad for them and I am out to make a difference
On the other... they many won't listen anyway
so have I classified them as S or I.S?
who was feeling frustrated about a work situation...
and my conclusion -
she should stop letting ppl and situations that are so "insignificant" affect her life and her mood
I guess the older I get and the more years I work,
and the busier I get
the more I find myself classifying such cares/worries
as "Significant" vs "insignificant"
I spend as little time and effort on the I.S stuff
and for S stuff, I'd jump on a plane and fly for a few hours for without thought
but then there are these grey zones...
eg/ telling a patient to stop smoking - really trying to convince them...
On one hand I care cos I know its bad for them and I am out to make a difference
On the other... they many won't listen anyway
so have I classified them as S or I.S?


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home