Thursday, May 28, 2009

Pure seafood bliss



I'm on a mission to find the best oysters in Melbourne.... or really, just to satisfy a craving.




Headed off to Pure South on Southbank the othe night - apparently, they're expertise is in all things from the South - IE/ Tasmania and NZ.




The oysters... werent bad! We all know and love Tasmanian oysters - My favourite one in Pure South was warm sticky pork, toasted pinenuts and coriander - speaks right to my heart.... coriander has always been my favourite herb... never thought it would go so well with oyster.




Have to say its the SECOND best oysters I've had in Melb.




The mains weren't too bad either. We werent in the mood for the steak (another blog another day), but I hear Pure South does a mean steak.




I enjoyed my risotto MUCHLY! Panroast kingfish, sweetcorn and basil risotto and petite salad of King crayfish - It was pretty phenomenal. The risotto was very flavoursome though somewhat salty, definately the highlight of the dish. The kingfish had a lovely crispy skin, but the crayfish salad was some mediocre. The portion was a bit of a suprise - it didnt look that big but it certainly filled me up! (And if you've watched me eat, I've got a pretty decent appetite)
So where do I think the best oysters in town are? Heheheh, I'm happy to be corrected - but thus its gotta be Nobu! The rest of their dishes are varied, but the oysters has never let me down. Perhaps its the dressings, perhaps its always that crispy-icy cold temperature... but whatever their secret is, its certainly finger lickin good!
I'd love to be corrected.... challenge me!

1 Comments:

Blogger meta-lodestar said...

ME WANT OYSTERS TOO!!!! bring me bring me! I miss NOBU so much... *drool*

9:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com