Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Come fly with me....



I'm on another trip... a mixture of work and play.




I love flying.




Usually, I'm so frantic packing and doing pre-flight stuff before I leave that I'm asleep even before the plane backs out of the runway! I wake up thinking "How long are we delayed for"... then look out the window... and realised we're well in midair.




And then for most of the remaining trip... I'm pretty much asleep or giggling to myself whilst watching whatever comedy channel is on tv. Food, its a bonus.... I'm just happy sleeping. And no, I dont talk to the person next to me... too busy sleeping




Aisle or window seat?


Years of work have trained me to have a fairly big bladder. I rather watch the scenary just before we land. It was amazing overlooking the mountains of NZ this morning - little lego-like cars, plains and farmlands... and one of my fav scenes... the lights when I land in a city at night.




I love it when the plane lands.


For the first 10 seconds or so when the plane lands, one worries about whether the plane will slow down before the runway runs out... then in a heartbeat, you feel yourself slowing down. It must be what playing "chicken" feels like.




My favourite landing place - the old Hong Kong airport. The familiar "stench" just before it lands, seeing the buildings fast approaching... and my favourite memory, walking into the arrival hall down the long downward aisle like on a catwalk.... looking for that familiar face.




I look forward to my next flight tomorrow.... hope its an aisle seat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com