Friday, April 10, 2009

Evolution in communication

I remember in primary school days when we only had one computer in the whole school - you wrote a story, then you get a short time to type and print it out on the computer....
Everyone gets one go on it... how exciting
It was an Apple II E I think - with green writing (like the Matrix screen).
I learnt to type on real typewriters - the last year that that it was taught on typewriters before computers were bought for the school. I loved the "tap tap ding!" that it made.
I remember buying our first computer and using WordStar to type documents.... teaching myself BASIC.... learning to draw on Paint...
The 5.25 inch floppy disc being phased out by the 3 inch disc drive...
And computer games like SpaceQuest, Monkey Island, Digger.... Where you had to change to another disc to keep playing the game
There was our first printer to which I remember printing Year 11 VCE CATS on....
And my first assignment printer on the laser computer....
Getting my first email account....
Chatting to friends at uni on Telnet...
My own laptop computer with wireless internet!
Then there was blogging a few years back (and I was quite into it... as you can see from the frequency of the posts)....
Then Facebook....
Now there's Twitter (which I've resisted)....
Where to in the next few years?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com