All in a good days...
One of the most impressionable memory I have of medical work is being yelled at in public during the first week of work. It was a misunderstanding by the yeller, who never apologised for his mistake.
In return, I promised myself I would never bestow that unpleasant experience to anyone else.
If a person was dishonest at work,
if they were aggressive,
if they were rude...
If they were proud of telling people off in public,
If they buttered up their bosses at any given opportunity,
If they stepped on and back stabbed their collegues
And if they could justify their behaviour....
and show no insight into their selfishness
.... would you expect them to behave differently on a personal level?
Its not easy staying true to one's "true" self when there's a 3am phonecall for something "insignificant".... or if the person at the other end of the phone clearly has no idea what they are talking about.... or if everyone else around you appears to be playing "the game"
One can only pray for strength of character...
I Corintheans 15:58
In return, I promised myself I would never bestow that unpleasant experience to anyone else.
If a person was dishonest at work,
if they were aggressive,
if they were rude...
If they were proud of telling people off in public,
If they buttered up their bosses at any given opportunity,
If they stepped on and back stabbed their collegues
And if they could justify their behaviour....
and show no insight into their selfishness
.... would you expect them to behave differently on a personal level?
Its not easy staying true to one's "true" self when there's a 3am phonecall for something "insignificant".... or if the person at the other end of the phone clearly has no idea what they are talking about.... or if everyone else around you appears to be playing "the game"
One can only pray for strength of character...
I Corintheans 15:58


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home