Thursday, February 21, 2008

Whilst at Brunettis...


Was wondering about all the types of coffee out there. Normally I order a Flat white or Latte... they're pretty much the same to me... but apparently they're different. Maybe its the cafes I go to.... Have to say I'm not keen on full creme stuff anymore... tastes to buttery... oh I'm becoming snobby!

So according to Java coffee, in brief (I feel like a Doppio some days)

Espresso - or Short Black, a 30ml (1 oz.) shot of rich, full bodied dark coffee with a silky layer of crema. The rich hazelnut brown crema is an indication of quality freshly ground beans.

Latte - a standard Espresso with hot milk topped by a small layer of silky milk foam. Usually served in a glass.

Cappuccino - a standard Espresso with silky foamed milk poured into it, topped with a dusting of chocolate powder.

Macchiato - a standard Espresso with just a dash of milk added, served in a small espresso cup.

Ristretto - a half shot of Espresso (15ml or 1/2 oz.).

Doppio - a double Espresso. Two shots of Espresso concentrated into approximately the same volume as a regular espresso. Caffeine injection anyone???

Flat white - a standard Espresso with hot milk, no foam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com