ICU Day 1

So begins Day 1 of ICU. Its all a big daunting to leave a team I'd become accustomed to (and hopefully them to you).
Daunting also because this term, I'm surrounded by the big gun residents - the brightest people from my year group, the best looking one, the most confident one, the intern of the year last year, the president of one of the medical groups and ho hum me.
How to NOT stand out as the most boring and ill-read one will be challenging.
So I said hi to the various nurses, caught up on the ins and outs on the 3 or 4 patients I'd been allocated to on this half day and turned up to a teaching session at 9.
Still the feeling of impending doom continues to loom.
Maybe its time to dust off the books and fill the hole also known as the cranium with some food for thought...

Um... food....
Oh, and I had promised to be more positive with my outlook - So yet another beautiful day at work and yes, I did walk. Enjoyed also the extra 1/2 hr of sleep compared to Plastics.
Um... sleep....


1 Comments:
OMG! I hated ICU!!!!
I rather certify people all day then do ICU!
I DETEST IIIICCCCUUUU!!!!
Oops ... sorry .... just getting a bit emotional!
Post a Comment
<< Home