Monday, July 10, 2006

CELEBRATION TIME!

Drinks all around!
Yes
Finally

After weeks of tortured sleepless hours

The wait is over

END OF NIGHTSHIFTS

Definately a cause for celebrations

Good bye to Grouchy Smurf
(for the sake of the poor nurses and patients I hope he's left the village for good)

and hopefully
a pleasant hello to Jokey Smurf again.


And of course
Congrats to Italy for winning the World Cup


Incidentally, the prize of the stupidest quote of the day - the host on Sunrise
" Uh, that means Australia is third in the world in Soccer"
Arent we such a BRIGHT nation?

The arrogance sometimes astounds me
And I'm sure there'll be plenty of those comments
Last I looked
Germany came third in the World Cup

(Those of you who didnt happen to read one fo the letters to the editor a few weeks ago
Some guy wrote and said that soccer was an Un-Australian sport
basically called the soccerplayers whimps
and the skills and courage of Aussie rules football
definately demonstrates the true Aussies spirit.
Sometimes I'm embrassed to associate myself as an Australian)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

FREE hit counter and Internet traffic statistics from freestats.com